|atafa.com PRIVACY COMMITMENT TO THE PROTECTION OF CUSTOMER INFORMATION
What Personal Information About Customers Does atafa.com Gather?
The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your shopping experience at atafa.com. Here are the types of information we gather.
* Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future shopping for you, improving our stores, and communicating with you.
* Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many Web sites, we use "cookies," and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses atafa.com. Although we will not be able to provide you with a personalized experience at atafa.com if we cannot recognize you, we want you to be aware that these tools exist.
* Email & Opting Out: To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from atafa.com if your computer supports such capabilities. Users can opt out
of receiving future marketing communications from us at any time by logging in to
his/her account to unsubscribe or clicking unsubscribe on the newsletter.
What About Cookies?
* Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and to provide features that may make it easier for you to shop online at atafa.com.
* The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. However, cookies allow you to take full advantage of some of atafa.com's coolest features, and we recommend that you leave them turned on.
Does atafa.com Share the Information It Receives?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We share customer information only as described below and with subsidiaries atafa.com, Inc. controls that either are subject to this Privacy Notice or follow practices at least as protective as those described in this Privacy Notice.
* Affiliated Businesses We Do Not Control: We work closely with our affiliated businesses. These businesses operate stores at atafa.com or sell offerings to you at atafa.com. In other cases, we operate stores, provide services, or sell product lines jointly with these businesses. You can tell when a third party is involved in your transactions, and we share customer information related to those transactions with that third party.
* Agents: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
* Promotional Offers: Sometimes we send offers to selected groups of atafa.com customers on behalf of other businesses. When we do this, we do not give that business your name and address.
* Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy stores, subsidiaries, or business units. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise). Also, in the unlikely event that atafa.com, Inc., or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
* Protection of atafa.com and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of atafa.com, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Obviously, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this Privacy Notice.
* With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
* We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
* It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
Which Information Can I Access?
atafa.com gives you access to a broad range of information about your account and your interactions with atafa.com for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information.
What Choices Do I Have?
* As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to make a purchase or to take advantage of a certain atafa.com features.
* You can add or update certain information on pages such as those listed in the "Which Information Can I Access?" section above. When you update information, we usually keep a copy of the prior version for our records.
* The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether.
atafa.com does not sell products for purchase by children. We sell children's products for purchase by adults. If you are under 18, you may use atafa.com only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
atafa.com is a participant in the Safe Harbor program developed by the U.S. Department of Commerce and the European Union. We have certified that we adhere to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles agreed upon by the U.S. and the E.U. For more information about the Safe Harbor and to view our certification, visit the U.S. Department of Commerce's Safe Harbor Web site. If you would like to contact atafa.com directly about the Safe Harbor program, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information from Other Sources
Examples of information we receive from other sources include updated delivery and address information from our carriers or other third parties, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily; account information, purchase or redemption information, and page-view information from some merchants with which we operate co-branded businesses or for which we provide technical, fulfillment, advertising, or other services; search results and links, including paid listings (such as Sponsored Links from Google); and credit history information from credit bureaus, which we use to help prevent and detect fraud and to offer certain credit or financial services to some customers.